-It's just a matter of getting used to it.-

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

It's gonna be the 7th CNY without you. You've been staying in heaven for 77th months, how are you doing up there. I know I haven't been talking to you a lot lately, in fact I couldn't remember when was the last time I talk to you. Daddy, am always afraid that one day I would forget your face, so I usually sit up on the bed at night before sleeping, thinking all about you, letting out the tears. Daddy, since you've gone, our reunion dinner had been a quiet one only spending with kor and mummy. There's no more steamboat like we usually had when you were here. We usually had vegetarian food for reunion dinner that were offered to you for prayers in the morning. I remember there's once we bought three boxes of dinner set from KFC, and each of us had one and that's our reunion dinner. That was real fun, finger lickin good KFC for reunion dinner. Mummy no longer washed/cleaned the house till minutes striked 12am to CNY anymore like we always did because I have learned how to help out with all the housework. It was stressful those days right? haha! Daddy, am sure you are proud with me since your lil' girl had learned how to do housework. Ahh, I remember those days you kept complaining to your sisters (my aunts) bout how me as a girl but never do any housework. But now, after having reunion dinner, we would relax on the couch watching the television on CNY countdown. Most of the time, me and kor would be lying on the couch till midnight since there's this saying that children should stay up as late as possible during the CNY eve to ensure that their parents' longevity. Not sure how true it is but me and kor would try to stay up as late as possible. As usual, mummy would dozed off while watching tv and went to bed the moment the clock strike 12am. Daddy, since you've left, CNY is no fun anymore. I don't really get or understand all the hype about decorating the house, buying endless new stuff and spending lotsa money just for the festival. I find it wasting money instead. Just a simple one will do. I don't find it as meaningful as I find it last time. It's just different without you. This year, it would still be a quiet one but I know you will always be with us. Happy CNY Daddy! 

Love you always & forever, 
your lil' girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment